[Mailman-Developers] Moderation comment interface change

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 14:17:08 -0500

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 10:55:55AM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:

> A brief perusal of the MHonArc list's archives and the regular
> problems members have with message separators with MHonArc seems to
> suggest otherwise.  The lack of an absolute standard (eg BNF diagram
> in a recognised RFC) for mbox format really doesn't help.

Well, the other option is PMDF style (4 0x001 characters at the
beginning of the line).  THe big problem with using MH-style is that it
can become a HUGE HUGE HUGE disk hog...  what I have looked into is
shoving the whole thing into MySQL :-)  One table per list, which would
let you do some really nice queries against it... this would let you
move to a more dynamic page generation, rather than a static one, which
would allow users to customize their page generation.

Perhaps we need to start a list-archiver project seperate from mailman?

Chris