[Mailman-Developers] Wish list item: anyone working on it?

Dan Mick Dan Mick <Dan.Mick@West.Sun.COM>
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:51:34 -0800 (PST)

I wish that the admindb interface would show a different "default"
message based on the type of the 'post' request; that is, now,
it always displays the suggested text

	Please do *not* post administrative requests
	to the mailing list!  If you wish to subscribe,
	visit %s or send a 'help' message to the
	the request address, %s , for instructions

but that's only appropriate for some sort of post requests.

I see that "AddRequest" sometimes gets called with standard
members of Errors, but sometimes gets called with hard-coded
strings; what one would need is to regularize all those, and then
have a mapping between the Errors argument and the suggested
text argument (like a more-complicated Errors object, perhaps).

I could probably hack this together for MM 1.1; is there any point in
me doing so and shipping diffs to somewhere?

i.e.

* is anyone working on this, or
* is anyone known to be completely reorganizing this source anyway, and
* what's the least-painful way to contribute changes?