[Mailman-Developers] admin approval page / cvs

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@miss-janet.com
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 18:24:49 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 07:14:01AM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 13:44:04 +0100
> Ricardo Kustner <ricardo@miss-janet.com> wrote:
> > 1) message headers: putting the message in a TEXTAREA is a neat
> > solution :)
> Agreed.  I would like to be able to edit moderated messages, given
> that MailMan would then insert a custom header stating that the
> message had been edited by the moderator.
yes i saw that the textarea data isn't used when approving the
post... the complete message is read from disk when it has been
approved.

> > message body... maybe the headers should be left out entirely
> > since the subject/from is being mentioned above anyway ?
> No way.  The headers are essential to me.
i can understand that the headers may be very usefull sometimes...
what if we meet half way? i just thought of the following solution:
put the message body in a textarea... and put a select box on
top if it that includes the headers... something like this:

<SELECT NAME=dummy>
<OPTION>View Message headers
<OPTION>From: me@there.com
<OPTION>Subject: blah
<OPTION>X-Mailer: Mutt1.1
..etc..
</SELECT>

so if you click on the select box, you get the list of headers.
and you don't even need to use Javascript :)

Ricardo.