[Mailman-Developers] Re: Mailman development organisation

Bernhard Reiter bernhard@uwm.edu
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:17:05 -0500

--W5WqUoFLvi1M7tJE

On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 11:58:34PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> Time's the more important issue, really. =20
How did I guessed that? 8-)
Okay, we might write out an open position:

	WANTED:

	Contribution Manager for GNU Mailman=20

	Tasks:=20

	Collect patches and other contributions for
	GNU Mailman, mainly through observation of the mailing lists
	and the incoming directory.

	You will be responsible for GNU Mailman's new "contrib" directory.
	In this volenteer position _you_ are the important
	link between the rapidly ongoing outsite Mailman development
	and the core developers!

	Apply now to mailman-developers@python.org

;)

> Either list.org or python.org's got the space,=20
Good.
> but the permission issue might be problematic=20
Well incoming will not be readable and the new Contribution Manager
just have to move the stuff. Guidelines for contributions:
	Your patch has to:
		- include a significant abbr of your name
		- mailman version it was intended for
		- a readme explaining, what it does
	Example files names:
		help_usability1_bernhard_mailman-1.0.patch
		help_usability1_bernhard_mailman-1.0.txt

> (I sure wish I had time to Zope-ify python.org).
:-)
((Sometimes the usability is better with a more non automated approach.
E.g. Jitterbug should offer an option to show all bug reports together in
one big page. Because it is hard to search and get an overview.=20
(Knowing a bit about usability is painful, you can only wine,
because you don't have the time to recode it all yourself or explain it
in detail.)
))

Regards,
	Bernhard
--=20
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.    (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure              (ffii.org)

--W5WqUoFLvi1M7tJE

--W5WqUoFLvi1M7tJE--