[Mailman-Developers] An NT Mailman version

Tom Funk tdfunk@asd-web.com
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 20:07:07 -0400

Dan:

Thanks for getting back to me.

Do you, or anyone else on this list, know of any attempts to recompile the
core C source files using the Cygnus' cygwin product?  One of the design
goals of cygwin was to mimic fork(),  spawn family of functions that are
missing from the Win32 API.

Dan said:
>> will be in troubles with locking and forking...
>> ...But if You wont use included archiving

Is the locking and forking code only the archiving parts of the code?  Or is
it spread throughout the source?  Has anyone considered porting the forking
code to Python threads?  I've not worked with them, but the impression I get
is that for the O/S's that support them, they tend to be pretty
non-os-specific.  'Course I may be wrong on this....

I'd consider working on an NT port.  It's a *great* way to learn all kinds
of things about a software package - and the implementation language.  I'd
just like to not start from scratch if at all possible.

One last thing: is there a CVS tree in place for the Mailman source?  I
downloaded the source for Mailman, but don't recall seeing anything about
revision/source code control.

I seem to recall some discussion at the Starship Python site
(http://starship.python.net) about hosting CVS trees for Python-based source
code.  If there isn't a CVS tree (or SCCS or RCS) then this might be an
option.

Just my $.02.