[Mailman-Developers] Configurable Archiving Proposal

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
05 Aug 1999 11:18:21 +0200

[Paul Hebble]

> I want to set up Mailman to support other archiving methods, more cleanly
> than subscribing a procmailrc to a list.  I know a few other people are
> interested in this as well.
>
> I would like to add a per-list configuration option to each list's
> config.db which tells Mailman a command line to run to archive a
> message.

If you're looking for a quick hack to fix this (as opposed to a clean
solution), I think this is yet another thing the per-list "filter
script" could be (ab)used to do.  Just have the filter make two copies
to stdin, and send one to stdout (for the rest of Mailman to enjoy it)
and one to your archiver pipe.
--
Harald