[Mailman-Developers] Python 1.5 compatible ? no!

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 10:51:57 -0400 (EDT)

    TF> Checking out the latest sources from CVS over
    TF> network is a pretty cool thing although it takes a while of
    TF> course. But I'm not sure it's a good thing to do for a live
    TF> installation. Unless the active developers affirm it's safe
    TF> and stable to do so.

I would never recommend using the CVS snapshot for a production
installation.  That's most definitely not its purpose.  When we do a
labeled release, we're in effect saying we believe we've reached a
stable milestone.

Glad you like the CVS access though -- I think it's pretty cool too!

-Barry