[Mailman-Developers] Re: tempfile bug or doc bug

Scott scott@chronis.pobox.com
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:44:08 -0400

just read the tempfile.py source and saw the reason behind this:

tempfile.mktemp says

	while ...
	    if not os.path.exists(filename):
	    	return filename

the app says

fname = tempfile.mktemp()
fp = open(fname, "a+")

which doesn't exactly test whether the path exists and simultaneously
create a file ;)

perhaps a better warning should be added to mktemp docs?

scott