[Mailman-Developers] Some bugs... (HTMLFormatter and Cgi/admin)

John Viega John@list.org
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 09:34:41 -0700

On Sun, Oct 11, 1998 at 06:00:39PM +0200, Bavo De Ridder wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, John Viega wrote:

> > I don't understand you here.  What's the exact error you're getting?
>
> In the original source file it said "if not self.open_subscribers:" and
> then you got the error "AttributeError: open_subscribers". Looking at
> MailList.py I saw that there was no such attribute as "open_subscribers"
> but a "subscribe_policy" wich contains what open_subscribers should
> have.

Ah, I see.  I thought you were using the version that I checked in a
few hours ago, which has the correct fix.

> I was just wondering, not pointing fingers at someone, I maintain a
> library myself (KDE Foundation Classes) and I know how dificult it is too
> get a bug free release out (what are beta version for...). I can't even
> begin imagining how difficult it is to fully test a mailman release, there
> are so many things that could go wrong...

No kidding.  One of the only drawbacks to using Python is that we
can't even really tell if code is going to have a syntax error or
somesuch until we run it.  That means we need to be more dilligent
about testing than we otherwise would have to be...

> Compared to other mailinglist manager, mailman is at least 3 years
> ahead...
>
> Keep up the good work!!!!

I agree... thanks everyone for the good work.  Mailman is definitely a
group effort, and everyone who contributes to this list deserves lots
of thanks!