[Mailman-developers] Help please.

Janne Sinkkonen janne@avocado.pc.helsinki.fi
24 Mar 1998 19:05:13 +0200

Ken Manheimer <klm@cnri.reston.va.us> writes:

> The patches should apply with no problems if you run the patch from the
> same directory where you untarred the mailman package - ie, in the
> directory where the single 'mailman' dir was created.

The patches installed cleanly and I was even able to create a
list. mm_cfg.py or some such however lacked a lot of DEFAULTs and I
was never able to subscribe to a test list. I tracked it down to the
cgi module returning an empty FieldStorage to cgi/subscribe and the
gave up. There was no signs of problems in server (apache) logs, and I
did change the UIDs and GIDs in wrapper code.

Also, the scripts in cgi/ have their suid bit set, although I guess
that's not necessary, at least not in Linux where suid scripts do not
suid at all.

Just FYI.

--
Janne Sinkkonen      <janne@iki.fi>      <URL: http://www.iki.fi/~janne/ >