[Mailman-Developers] Rendered archives: where to put them?

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 11:32:13 -0400 (EDT)

I'm (finally!) revisiting the question of archiving for Mailman.
There are two additional config parameters that seem to be needed.

First, I need to know into what directory to write the formatted HTML
files, both public and private.  The private files shouldn't go into
the actual Web tree, since they'll be accessed via the 'private' CGI
script.  Either there should be a parameter in mm_defaults/mm_cfg to
specify the ARCHIVE_HTML_ROOT, or we could always write them into the
Mailman tree somewhere -- say, ${prefix}/pipermail/html or /formatted
or whatever.  The second course would then require configuring the Web
server to map your desired public archive URL to the root of the
public tree, and the private archives to the CGI script.

Second, I need to know what URL to use to access the public archives.
(The private archives should be accessed via the 'private' CGI
script.)

Suggestions?

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Seek those who find your road agreeable, your personality and mind