[Mailman-Developers] forwarded message from Dave Wolfe

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 23:29:52 +0200 (METDST)

Talking about archiving and searching...
I use the scripts created by Guy Maor for the debian lists archives.
They're available as a debian package called lists-archives. It uses
procmail to sort the mails to folders (so it can be used to archive any
mailing list running on any host), groups them, etc, uses mhonarc for
html conversion, and glimpse as a search engine. You can take a look at
the archives at http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/
I modified it a bit not to use glimpse, and set up htdig as a search
engine. Htdig seems very nice and fast, it has one big problem: it
downloads all the .html-s, stores them in a db and then indexes them... so
it needs a huge database. But at least it is gpl. I have this setup at
http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/Archivum/ ... it is in Hungarian, so you
probably won't understand it ;)

Greg

--