[Mailman-Developers] probems with mailman

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:19:49 +0200 (METDST)

Hello!

I've just found mailman and i like it wery much, it seems much nicer then
any other mailing list server i've seen. Here are some problems I've
found:
I tried to convert a list with about 300 normal and 220 digested
subscribers to mailman with convert_list. It always failed with something
like fork: resource currently not available ... it tries to send too many
mails at once.
The second problem is: the mail wrapper accepts exactly one gid to be run
as. This makes it difficult to package up mailman in a binary package, for
example for debian linux. I'm a debian developer myself btw. The problem
is that we have several MTA-s available in the distribution (sendmail,
smail, exim, zmailer, and as a non-free addition, even qmail), and each
can use different gids, and even one can be configured to use a gid other
then the default. So it would be very nice if it could be configured to
accept a gid from a set ...

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org