[Mailman-Developers] REQUEST_URI not so reliable

root root@chronis.icgroup.com
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 20:38:51 -0400

I just helped a friend put mailman on a linux box that was running a
slightly old version of redhat (4.X??) which in turn came with apache
version 1.1.3.  It appears that with that version of apache, the
REQUEST_URI environmental variable is not set for transactions to the
localhost.

this was causing the admin cgi to always return to the AdminOverview
page. because there was a line in admin.py that formated the
admlogin.txt template with this dict:
dict = { ...
     "path": os.environ.get("REQUEST_URI", "/mailman/admin")
}
I upgraded his server so other things wouldn't break, but if we want
to make mailman work for that (granted ancient) version of apache,
the fix for this script was to replace the above with

dict = {...
     "path": os.environ.get("REQUEST_URI", "mailman/admin/" +      list_name)
}

there may be other places that use that, like private, listinfo, etc.

scott