[Mailman-developers] Bug: includes Reply-To in administrative messages

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:59:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, John Viega wrote:

> While I've certainly been a strong detractor of Reply-to ever since
> reading that article, there are still those who do not agree.  I think
> adding the reply-to header should be an option, although it should be
> strongly discouraged.

As someone suggested (in a subsequent note, i think - i'm catching up
on ones i've previously scanned, here), i mention in the short
description that "poster" is *strongly* recommended, and included a bit
more explanation and the URL barry came up with in the long description.

(And while i'm at it, someone might enjoy seeing the refinement of the
long description presentation i made last week - the gui presentation of
the current setting is used, instead of the data values.  See
http://www.python.org/mailman/admin/postal and click on one of the
'details' for an example...)

> Ugh, I just went to the discussion forum off that page for the first
> time in quite a while.  I see where well over a year ago I suggested
> that replies to a list should not be sent out to people who are in the
> TO or CC line (at least as an option).  I'm pretty sure that feature
> is no longer in Mailman, and it should definitely go back in.  If
> someone has time to Mailman hack in the near future, please consider
> adding that :)

This would not be hard!  Also would not be high priority.  And i have to
say, when streaming through my inbox, i often use the fact that i got a
message twice as the cue that i'm among the direct recipients (something
i noticed a lot today with mailman-developer's mail:).  I'm not sure i'd
want to be without this, despite the inbox clutter...

Ken