[Ironpython-users] IronPython on Windows Phone

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:25:51 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Cesar Mello <cmello at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
> But I reached the same corner: expressions like 2 + 2 work, but 2 + 2.5
> doesn't. Do I have to setup runtime options specific to WP7.1? I've pasted
> the stack trace below. I've heard somewhere there is a pure interpreted mode
> but I don't remember where...

IronPython isn't fully interpreted yet (IronRuby is, I believe).
That's why the iOS port doesn't work at all, and WP has issues as
well. Keep in mind these are "previews" for a reason - they've hardly
been tested at all (clearly, if adding int + float doesn't even
work...).

This case, though, the interpreter is not affected. According to MSDN
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.reflection.methodinfo.returntype(v=vs.95).aspx),
ReturnParameter is not supported (present, but not supported. FFS). In
this case a '#ifdef WP75' is used to separate WP workarounds from real
code.

Looking at it briefly I can't see an obvious workaround (I'm not sure
what interactions MaybeNotImplementedAttribute will have); can you
open an issue and attach a minimal repro if possible?

Also, thank you for looking at WP stuff. It needs people to hammer on
it to make sure that it works and find its limitations.

- Jeff