[Ironpython-users] IronPython on Windows Phone

Cesar Mello cmello at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:45:19 CET 2012

Hi Jeff,

Oh my! Thanks! On Sunday I had compiled everything from scratch using new
Windows Phone 7.1 project files. :-O

But I reached the same corner: expressions like 2 + 2 work, but 2 + 2.5
doesn't. Do I have to setup runtime options specific to WP7.1? I've pasted
the stack trace below. I've heard somewhere there is a pure interpreted
mode but I don't remember where...

I guessed this was due to some problem with my custom project files, so I
didn't want to bother in the list (I already do it too much sorry! :-))

Best regards!
Mello

System.NotSupportedException

   at System.Reflection.MethodInfo.get_ReturnParameter()
   at
Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.Calls.ReflectionOverloadInfo.get_ReturnParameter()
   at IronPython.Runtime.Binding.SlotOrFunction.get_MaybeNotImplemented()
   at IronPython.Runtime.Binding.PythonProtocol.MakeOneTarget(PythonContext
state, SlotOrFunction target, PythonTypeSlot slotTarget, ConditionalBuilder
bodyBuilder, Boolean reverse, DynamicMetaObject[] types)
   at
IronPython.Runtime.Binding.PythonProtocol.MakeBinaryOperatorResult(DynamicMetaObject[]
types, DynamicMetaObjectBinder operation, PythonOperationKind op,
SlotOrFunction fCand, SlotOrFunction rCand, PythonTypeSlot fSlot,
PythonTypeSlot rSlot, DynamicMetaObject errorSuggestion)
   at
IronPython.Runtime.Binding.PythonProtocol.MakeSimpleOperation(DynamicMetaObject[]
types, DynamicMetaObjectBinder binder, PythonOperationKind operation,
DynamicMetaObject errorSuggestion)
   at
IronPython.Runtime.Binding.PythonProtocol.MakeBinaryOperation(DynamicMetaObjectBinder
operation, DynamicMetaObject[] args, PythonOperationKind opStr,
DynamicMetaObject errorSuggestion)
   at
IronPython.Runtime.Binding.PythonProtocol.Operation(BinaryOperationBinder
operation, DynamicMetaObject target, DynamicMetaObject arg,
DynamicMetaObject errorSuggestion)
   at
IronPython.Runtime.Binding.PythonBinaryOperationBinder.FallbackBinaryOperation(DynamicMetaObject
target, DynamicMetaObject arg, DynamicMetaObject errorSuggestion)
   at
System.Dynamic.BinaryOperationBinder.FallbackBinaryOperation(DynamicMetaObject
target, DynamicMetaObject arg)
   at
System.Dynamic.DynamicMetaObject.BindBinaryOperation(BinaryOperationBinder
binder, DynamicMetaObject arg)
   at System.Dynamic.BinaryOperationBinder.Bind(DynamicMetaObject target,
DynamicMetaObject[] args)
   at System.Dynamic.DynamicMetaObjectBinder.Bind(Object[] args,
ReadOnlyCollection`1 parameters, LabelTarget returnLabel)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSiteBinder.BindCore[T](CallSite`1
site, Object[] args)
   at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute2[T0,T1,TRet](CallSite
site, Object arg0, Object arg1)
   at
Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`3.Run(InterpretedFrame
frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame
frame)
   at
Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](CodeContext
arg0, FunctionCode arg1)
   at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx)
   at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.Run(Scope scope)
   at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.InvokeTarget(Scope scope)
   at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.Run(Scope scope)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Execute(Scope scope, ErrorSink
errorSink)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Execute(Scope scope)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Execute(ScriptScope scope)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptEngine.Execute(String expression,
ScriptScope scope)
   at IronPythonPhone.MainPage.button1_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs
e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at
System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs
e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(Control ctrl,
EventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr
unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String
eventName)