[IronPython] error when 'import os'

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Wed May 14 14:00:45 CEST 2008

We're not distributing the standard Python library with IronPython right
now, so to load os.py, you'd need a copy from the standard distribution or
download Seo's IronPython Community Edition from
http://fepy.sourceforge.net/.

"nt" is a different matter because it's built into the IronPython.dll, so
I'm not sure why you might be getting the same error from "nt".  On a plain
vanilla "installation" of 1.1.1 that I just recently downloaded from
CodePlex, I get the following:
PS F:\IronPython-1.1.1> .\ipy.exe
IronPython 1.1.1 (1.1.1) on .NET 2.0.50727.1434
>>> import nt

You get the same error as in the example below?