[IronPython] IronPython and Silverlight 2

Kevin Chu redmoon17 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 13:12:29 CET 2008

Hi
there is my blog about IronPython and Silverlight 2:
http://www.cnblogs.com/redmoon/archive/2008/03/08/1096331.html
I write it in Chinese, however you can translate it by Google Language Tool.
And this blog contain some useful links.

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>
wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I would like to create Silverlight 2 applications *without* using chiron
> to create and deploy them. How do I specify the Python application file?
>
> I see that I can still use Silverlight.js and the 'createObjectEx'
> function to initialise the Silverlight control in my html. How do I
> specify in 'app.xaml' the Python file to load?
>

> function createSilverlightEx()
> {
>    Silverlight.createObjectEx({
>        source: 'app.xaml',          // Source property value.
>        parentElement:parentElement,    // DOM reference to hosting DIV
> tag.
>        id:'myPlugin',                  // Unique plug-in ID value.
>        properties:{                    // Plug-in properties.
>            width:'1024',               // Width of rectangular region
> of plug-in, in pixels.
>            height:'530',               // Height of rectangular region
> of plug-in, in pixels.
>            inplaceInstallPrompt:false, // Determines whether to display
> in-place install prompt if invalid version is detected.
>            background:'white',         // Background color of plug-in.
>            isWindowless:'false',       // Determines whether to display
> plug-in in windowless mode.
>            framerate:'24',             // MaxFrameRate property value.
>            version:'1.0'},             // Silverlight version.
>        events:{
>            onError:null,               // OnError property value --
> event-handler function name.
>            onLoad:null},               // OnLoad property value --
> event-handler function name.
>        initParams:null,                // initParams property value --
> user-settable string for information passing.
>        context:null});                 // Context value -- passed to
> Silverlight.js onLoad event handlers.
> }
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael