[IronPython] IronPython and Silverlight 2

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Mar 9 12:42:26 CET 2008

Hello guys,

I would like to create Silverlight 2 applications *without* using chiron
to create and deploy them. How do I specify the Python application file?

I see that I can still use Silverlight.js and the 'createObjectEx'
function to initialise the Silverlight control in my html. How do I
specify in 'app.xaml' the Python file to load?

function createSilverlightEx()
{
    Silverlight.createObjectEx({
        source: 'app.xaml',          // Source property value.
        parentElement:parentElement,    // DOM reference to hosting DIV tag.
        id:'myPlugin',                  // Unique plug-in ID value.
        properties:{                    // Plug-in properties.
            width:'1024',               // Width of rectangular region
of plug-in, in pixels.
            height:'530',               // Height of rectangular region
of plug-in, in pixels.
            inplaceInstallPrompt:false, // Determines whether to display
in-place install prompt if invalid version is detected.
            background:'white',         // Background color of plug-in.
            isWindowless:'false',       // Determines whether to display
plug-in in windowless mode.
            framerate:'24',             // MaxFrameRate property value.
            version:'1.0'},             // Silverlight version.
        events:{
            onError:null,               // OnError property value --
event-handler function name.
            onLoad:null},               // OnLoad property value --
event-handler function name.
        initParams:null,                // initParams property value --
user-settable string for information passing.
        context:null});                 // Context value -- passed to
Silverlight.js onLoad event handlers.
}

Thanks

Michael