[IronPython] Fwd: Where to share a script / executables (again)

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:04:08 CET 2006

Hi!  I've just created my first IronPython script - a little utility
for conveniently cleaning the garbage out of your PATH and related
environment variables.

I posted it in my blog at
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/2006/01/cleanpathpy-ironpython-utility.html

Anyway, I'd like to share it somewhere publicly, but I really don't
know where a little item like this should go.  It's too long to be
trivial, but at 119 lines, but too small (119 lines) to be considered
a "project" for SourceForge or whatnot.  And do we have a special
place for sharing IronPython scripts?  I don't see any IronPython
projects at SourceForge... is there a reason for that?

Can anyone suggest a good place to share scripts like this?

Also, for the sake of the unwashed masses without IronPython, I'd like
to generate an executable .exe.  I can't find instructions on how to
do that, though.  Running my script with ironpythonconsole
automatically generates an .exe, but running that just gives "... is
not a valid Win32 application."  (Greg Chapman asked about this on
Jan. 5, too, but I didn't see him getting an answer.)  Is there any
more information on generating free-standing executables?

Thanks very much!
--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/