[IronPython] Spanish characters with accents do not see correctly

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Jan 25 17:39:43 CET 2006

The correct answer for this is to use the codecs module (or the _codecs built-in module).  Unfortunately we don't have that implemented yet so for the time being you will have to use the .NET Framework (System.Text.Encoding should do the trick).

I'll add codecs to our list for beta 3 - unfortunately it's just too big of a work item to get done for beta 2.