[IPython-dev] Including notebooks in a wiki

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 13:43:57 EDT 2014

Hi Jon,

One way would be to write a dokuwiki exporter for nbconvert. You could base
it on the rst exporter:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/nbconvert/exporters/rst.py
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/nbconvert/templates/rst.tpl

However, pandoc doesn't appear to be able to convert markdown to dokuwiki,
so you'd need to find another tool to do that.

Alternatively, you could use a dokuwiki plugin to render pages from a
format that notebooks can be exported to, e.g. markdown:
https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:markdownextra

Or, going one step further, you could write a dokuwiki plugin to handle
notebook files directly. But yuck, PHP.

Thomas