[IPython-dev] Amazing Notebook UI Customization

Paul Ivanov pi at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 8 01:24:12 EDT 2014

Pierre Villeneuve, on 2014-04-07 22:10,  wrote:
> Hey, this is my first post to the list, but I've been a fan and lurker for
> many years.  With the 2.0 release I am so excited about using the Notebook
> at work.  I just love those widgets.

Thanks for your enthusiasm, Pierre!

> Anyhow, I wanted to pass along a blog post I came across yesterday while
> browsing through reddit.  It's about a great custom UI for the Notebook:
>
> http://eoinmurray.io/customising-the-ipython-notebook-ui/
>
> Btw, here's the post on reddit:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/IPython/comments/22danb/customising_the_ipython_notebook_ui/
>
> It would be so nice if this type of customization were easier to implement,
> but I have the impression a lot of hard work would need to happen first.  I
> thought I would share my find in case others had not seen it.

The author of that blog post did open an issue in our bug
tracker, https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/5551 and I
have requested that he make a pull request so that it's more
clear about all of the parts needed to be changed to make such
styling possible.

best,
--
                   _