[IPython-dev] IPython Javascript integration

Wojciech Daniło wojtek.danilo.ml at gmail.com
Sun May 26 20:23:44 EDT 2013

Hi!
I'm new to IPython.

I want to use it as a base layer for my application - lets say - as a batch
processing program base layer.
I want my application to have HTML5 based GUI and I want it to communicate
with the server side batch program.

Has IPython got support for such JavaScript - Python communication? I think
it has, because the INotebook is browser based, so it communicates with
IPython kernel somewhere.

   1. Could you give me some tips how to start searching about existing
   solutions in this topic and how to create such JavaScript <-> IPython
   kernel communication?
   2. Does such communication support websockets? If not, could you give me
   some hints, how to best integrate websocket communication support with
   IPython? (I would love my batch program to interact as smooth as possible
   with my GUI).
   3. Additional has IPython got some authentication mechanism built in?

Thank you,
Wojtek