[IPython-dev] Just looking for feedback before PR

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 13:43:56 EST 2012

On 17 November 2012 18:35, Carl Smith <carl.input at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I ask again; is it really not possible to get rid of the header cells?
> I'm not sure what information a header1 cell provides that a h1 tag
> wouldn't, but couldn't that information go inside html comment style markup
> or something? Like slideshow markup.

I'm not sure why header cells exist at present, but the notebook format has
wide enough use that we would have to be a bit careful about removing them.
E.g. we could remove the UI to create new header cells, while leaving the
notebook able to load header cells from existing files. If we wanted to be
a bit pushier, we could convert header cells to markdown cells when the
notebook was loaded, which would pave the way for dropping them from future
versions of the format.

Thanks,
Thomas