[IPython-dev] Just looking for feedback before PR

Carl Smith carl.input at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 13:35:00 EST 2012

Can I ask again; is it really not possible to get rid of the header cells?
I'm not sure what information a header1 cell provides that a h1 tag
wouldn't, but couldn't that information go inside html comment style markup
or something? Like slideshow markup.

It seems like the UX would be a lot nicer if there were only two kinds of
cell, code cells and note cells. Note cells would just be Markdown cells,
and headers would be done with Markdown inside them. There'd be no raw
cells, you'd just use pre tags, which displays raw text without
highlighting already.

You could then have Ctrl-M>M be the Mode shortcut, and have it toggle a
cell between code mode and note mode.

Surely reducing nine cell types down to two is more important than making
it easier to convert to LaTex?