[IPython-dev] Should I still contribute to IPython ?

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:12:03 EST 2012

On 18 December 2012 16:03, Jason Grout <jason-sage at creativetrax.com> wrote:

> If Github had a better issue tracker, it'd be much easier.  For example,
> if you could get notifications for certain labels, and if random people
> could add labels (or only add certain types of labels), things would be
> much better.

Perhaps, but I think we could also make better use of the tools that are
there on Github. For instance, we could try to assign all bugs as they come
in. You don't have to personally resolve issues assigned to you, but you're
the point of contact until it's resolved or reassigned.

It would certainly be nice if non-core developers - especially bug
submitters - could do labelling. Maybe we should lobby Github to make this
possible. They've certainly listened to users in the past.

Thanks,
Thomas