[IPython-dev] News, refactoring and getting 0.10 out the door...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 21:52:32 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 11:32 PM, Fernando Perez<fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless a major problem is found, I think we'll be able to cut 0.10
> final from this state of the code, and we can then start working on
> reviewing all of Brian's work to merge it into the trunk.  We'll  put
> up a big warning on the various webpages when that happens though,
> since for a while it won't be a very good idea to run daily from
> trunk, as the APIs will be in flux (we'll try to make sure that trunk
> is always in test-passing state though).

Heads up: I've just pushed some small fixes to trunk so that the test
suite runs cleanly:

- with nose 0.11.x (there were problems there)
- if twisted isn't available at all

I've tested using both a fully installed Python with all the toys, and
'naked' virtualenvs that have only python + nose 0.10 and nose 0.11,
both with Python 2.5 and Python 2.6.  All combinations now pass the
test suite (though obviously without dependencies, many tests are
simply not run).

I've also run the test suite with Windows (though with all
dependencies, I don't have virtualenvs there) and it also passes for
me.

So I think that we're getting pretty close to putting 0.10 out...