[IPython-dev] News, refactoring and getting 0.10 out the door...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 02:32:24 EDT 2009

Hi all,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Fernando Perez<fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, now we should really try to finish up, especially so that the
> code that has been written can be merged as soon as possible for Brian
> to push the refactoring into trunk.  Brian's refactoring is massive
> and touches everything, so initially there is going to be some
> breakage (we'll do our best to minimize it and Brian is super careful,
> but some pain will no doubt occur).  For this reason, and to prevent
> stalling Brian's advance, I'd like to wrap up the 0.10 release work as
> soon as possible.

OK,  some updates...

I've done a lot of cleanup, and I think 0.10 is getting ready.  It
would be great if someone could have a look, I've uploaded a tarball,
eggs, rpms and a Windows installer of the release candidate:

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/

Unless a major problem is found, I think we'll be able to cut 0.10
final from this state of the code, and we can then start working on
reviewing all of Brian's work to merge it into the trunk.  We'll  put
up a big warning on the various webpages when that happens though,
since for a while it won't be a very good idea to run daily from
trunk, as the APIs will be in flux (we'll try to make sure that trunk
is always in test-passing state though).