[IPython-dev] Files with windows end-of-line markers.

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri May 19 06:15:43 EDT 2006

On 5/19/06, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> these files:
>     win32clip.py
>     ipy_sane_defaults.py
>     ext_rehashdir.py
>
> all have windows line endings.
>
> I'm going to fix them, but please in the future, do not commit files
> with win32 line  endings.

I thought Subversion should handle them automatically; oh well. I
guess the problem in the files are mixed end-of-line characters.

> I'm also going to rename     ipy_sane_defaults.py  to simply
> ipy_defaults.py.  The name seems to imply "we have stupid defaults
> elsewhere, these  are the good ones".  The ipythonrc file had
> perfectly 'sane' defaults; it's nice to expose them with a different
> mechanism, but that language is completely unnecessary.

The idea is that the defaults are exactly the same as in ipythonrc,
i.e. "reasonable" == "sane". ipy_defaults is ok as a name as well, I
guess.

--
Ville Vainio - vivainio.googlepages.com
vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'