[Inpycon] Suggestion for panel members for PyCon India 2015

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree at mahiti.org
Mon Feb 2 12:18:06 CET 2015

On 2 February 2015 at 16:11, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >>  As every year we can let Chair and Co-Chair decide on the panel team
> as they have taken responsibility to make PyCon India better.

This is one example of where it may start to send wrong signals. We as a
community are striving for a better pycon every year, many community
members take responsibility for it.  Not just one or two designated members.

Role of a nodal person(so called chair) for the event is to help different
teams coordinate and bring discussions to conclusion. Feel it should remain
that way.

It will be nice if this continues to be community owned, community driven
event.

- sree