[Inpycon] Tutorials

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 01:54:06 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 18:14 +0530, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> Also, like Kenneth has mentioned in the followup to your email, the
> number of female participants here seems quite low. I haven't really
> looked into the distribution and reasons for lack of attendance but
> diversity, during the first and second time conference was not the
> first
> thing on my mind.

as a small note, I have been conducting python workshops in engineering
colleges around the country for the past 6 years. Except for one or two
places, the men/women percentage of attendance has been 50-50. And
consistently across the country I have noticed that the girls in the
workshops grasped concepts faster and did the assignments first. They
were more articulate and discussed both in the workshops and outside -
and to dispel another myth, a lot of them were multitasking. But the
long term effect in terms of joining the community is not happening.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves