[Inpycon] mapping party at the PyCon India

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 09:40:19 CEST 2010

Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> writes:

> On Monday, July 12, 2010 10:49:34 pm anil kumar wrote:
>> > as we have a few extra instruments, non-mappers who would like to learn,
>> > please book them - first come first served. There is a real possibility
>> > of having a sprint on some python related matter of importance to OSM.
>
> I have started the process of mapping from yahoo imagery:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=13.03091&lon=77.56634&zoom=17&layers=M I am
> having some eye trouble, so can others help out also? If we do the preliminary
> stuff now, we can fine tune during the mapping party - and anyway once we show
> our map is better than goog we can convince the inpycon guys to use our map.
> If someone could cycle around the campus and also note places for refreshment
> etc, it would be cool.

I've put a blog post about this on the site blog (and auto tweeted it).
I've also created a "related events" page linked to from the front page
that mentions this - http://in.pycon.org/2010/related_events

The navbar on top is a little crowded as it is. I'm not sure if I can
squeeze this page in there.

Thanks