[Inpycon] pycon in september or postpone(?) [was] Status of registration

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 11:42:54 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:35 AM, स्वक्ष <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
> Forked the thread.
>
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 22:17, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM, स्वक्ष <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
>> [..]
>>> Absolutely. Kenneth has done a great job of herding cats :) Now there
>>> is no reason to postpone it to Nov/Dec. Lets have the Chennai pycon in
>>> September as suggested earlier.[..]
>>
>> The account needs to be created and the September will be exactly like
>> last time. We need to think about this a while.
>
> I am not sure I understood what "September will be exactly like last
> time" means. IIRC, thusfar:
> 0. The money is out of Janatsu's account in the form of a DD (which i
> presume is with you till #2 happens).

It's in the form of a cheque which is what Dinesh preferred and so is
still in Janatsu's account.

> 1. Soc has been registered with the number 50/2010.
> 2. Sree is back in Bangalore and you all with Kenneth (who has already
> confirmed that the account) will soon finish the bank account process
> at the Indiranagar Branch.

"Soon finish" is what we wanted to do six months ago. I don't know
what other hurdles we will have to face. The important points are that
it's not done yet and we don't know when it will be.

> Did I miss something that precludes a pycon in september and why we
> are looking at postponing it to Nov/Dec. Can folks from chennai
> comment on this too please? Do you forsee organising problems, venue
> problems...etc?

Work on the last conference began in late April/early May of 2009.
We're roughly in the same period of time right now and our ambitions
are higher.
There were lots of problems with the last event which sprung primarily
from a lack of time and I'm not looking forward to repeating every
single mistake again.

--
~noufal