[Inpycon] Website evaluation

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Wed May 27 08:22:21 CEST 2009

the reset app is nearly ready - some bugs ironed out. I will announce it when
it is up.

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 11:37:05 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> 0. Static pages with categories and a navbar
>   We need to be able to create single pages like "About",  etc. which
> should be classifiable according to category. A navbar should allow
> navigation

that is available

> 1. Blog
>   The site *has* to have a blog. It would be nice if it supported
> podcasts but that might leech our bandwidth too much.

not a blog as such, but ability to post, more like a news stack. We can think
of adding podcasts also

> 2. Registration system
>   People should be able to register in advance (ie. Register and get
> some kind of token which they can use to pay at the venue on the date
> of the conference)

yes

> 3. Link lists
>   A way to add a list of links to other sites

yes

> 4. Uploading content
>   A way for people to upload their presentations and stuff so that we
> can archive them for the future.

yes - even archiving is automatic

> I think 0, 3, 4  (and perhaps 1) can be covered by a wiki or a CMS. 2.
> is 'conference specific functionality'.
>
> If there's anything else people can think of, please chime in.
>
> I think the greenchilly db was reset so I don't have access to the
> admin section to try everything out. However, KEnneth can probably
> tell us whether these things are satisfied.

in addition:
rating of talks
suggestion for talks
hall management and scheduling/re-scheduling
selection of talks

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves