[Image-SIG] How to tell Pillow where to look for header files (on OS X)?

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Sat Mar 16 10:10:15 CET 2013

Hi Mark,

Am 15.03.2013 22:24, schrieb Mark Sienkiewicz:
> build_ext means to build the C extensions; this command recognizes -I for
> another directory of include files and -L for another directory of library files
>
>     python setup.py build_ext -I ~/homebrew/include -L ~/homebrew/lib

That worked for me. Thanks a lot.

Is there any way to set these parameters using environment variables? Pillow
is being installed as a dependency for my library so it would be easier if
users could set up something beforehand...

> There are options to specify a specific directory to install in.  I usually use:
>
> python setup.py install --home ~/py
>
> to get ~/py/bin (add to PATH) and ~/py/lib/python (add to PYTHONPATH).

Well, I have a virtualenv anyway so I don't need that.

Thank you very much for your spot-on explanation.
fs