[Image-SIG] Adding Python 3 support

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Tue Oct 9 19:28:45 CEST 2012

Am 09.10.2012, 06:51 Uhr, schrieb Brian Crowell <brian at fluggo.com>:

> How do other developers feel about that? Maybe letting old PIL 1.1.7
> take care of anyone using 2.5/2.6 or older, and focusing on 2.6/2.7
> and up? Or perhaps maintaining a separate branch with Python 3 code?

2.6 tends to have fairly good support not least because it's still in the
Debian stable packages. So if possible it should still be supported. I'd
certainly cut anything less than 2.6 loose from any updates.

PIL is one of those libraries that is used almost everywhere so not going
to 3 is a probably a blocker for lots of different people.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director