[Image-SIG] memoryError in FpxImageUploadPlugin.py

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sun Apr 17 00:13:57 CEST 2011

Am 16.04.2011, 17:51 Uhr, schrieb Gábor Farkas <gabor at nekomancer.net>:

> is PIL's image-format-detection purely filename-extension based?
> i mean, what happens if i take the problematic file, and rename it
> to have a jpeg-extension... will PIL not try the other
> file-format-plugins,
> when jpeg fails?

No, PIL won'.t It isn't brilliant but that's how it works. Try and think
through the converse: this could be JPEG but I'll work my way through the
alternatives till I'm sure. In your situation it seems perfectly
reasonable to expect the MIME-type to be available, so you can enforce it
in the form handling.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark