[Image-SIG] misleading error when using negative floats

Florian Ludwig dino at phidev.org
Sat Sep 25 23:42:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

img.paste accepts positive floats with an deprecation warning but not
negative floats. The following exception is thrown:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 1101, in
paste
    self.im.paste(im, box, mask.im)
ValueError: images do not match

I got two wishes :)

 - be more consistent
   (for example working negative floats with a deprecation warning?)

 - throw a more descriptive error

It cost me some hours as I was investigating in the wrong direction as I
thought the image was wrong, not the positioning.

Thank you,
 Florian

--
Florian Ludwig <dino at phidev.org>