[Image-SIG] Bug report: Open image from a StringIO

Sebastian Haase seb.haase at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 09:30:33 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
> On 9/9/10 1:05 AM, Sebastian Haase wrote:
>
>> Why is the default reply here on IMAGE-SIG   NOT to the list ... that
>> might be a reason why there are so many  questions without (public)
>> answers .... ????
>
> Because there are a lot of folks that think lists should be set up that way
> -- it's a trade off between the likelihood of accidentally sending a private
> note to the list vs. accidentally sending a list note to an individual.
>
> Personally, I far prefer lists that default to replying to the list, but I'm
> apparently in a minority.

 Hi Chris.

thanks for your reply. I remember having had the same discussion on
another list (moinmoin wiki).
Just to say again, that you are not alone:
Why wouldn't everyone agree, that things that start on a list, would /
should by default also stay on the list.
>From my experience, this list (and the moinmoin list for that matter)
are just not much to follow, maybe one reason simply being this
"stupid" default-reply setting....

Cheers,
Sebastian