[Image-SIG] PNG sBITs

Wood, Tobias t.wood07 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Sep 8 17:01:03 CEST 2010

Hello,
Does PIL currently support the sBIT chunk for PNGs? I am having exactly the same issues as described in this post from 3 years ago - http://old.nabble.com/Does-PIL-support-the-sBIT-chunk-in-PNG-files--td14109569.html#a14109569 - and couldn't find a response. I've had a cursory look through PngImagePlugin.py and couldn't find a mention either. If PIL doesn't support it, is there at least a way to query whether it is set via PIL? I haven't found a way in any of the Image class methods yet.
Thanks for any help,
Toby Wood