[Image-SIG] support for python 3

joe oettinger joeoettinger at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 19:43:05 CEST 2010

Over the past year, the lack of response by anyone to questions about PIL
support of Python 3.x has been surprising. Surely the subject is of interest
to some image-sig members.

I´m guessing that the needed effort to extend that support must be very
great, since other libraries such as Numpy haven´t been modified for Python
3.x either.

Still, it would be nice for relative novices like me to have an idea if and
when such support might be available.

I feel a little guilty even bringing up the matter, having contributed very
little to the open source effort. As a novice, I couldn't contribute much to
such an effort (except perhaps correcting grammar and spelling in
documents).

Maybe this e-mail will stimulate discussion of the matter. Anyone have any
thoughts?