[Image-SIG] PIL with JPEG support on Windows: Error Writing JPEG file

Bryan Jeal bryan at hideawaystudios.com
Wed Mar 25 16:30:08 CET 2009

Here is an update:

1.
I removed Python and PIL from the system and reinstalled them (for PIL
I used PIL-1.1.6.win32-py2.5.exe); however, it isn't working
correctly...

The image I have loaded, resized and saved using PIL-1.1.6.win32-
py2.5.exe. Has this error when viewing the JPEG:  Corrupt JPEG data: 3
extraneous bytes before marker 0xdb

Images and code are here: http://test.hideawaystudios.com/testing/index.html

2.
I then removed Python and PIL again and installed python and built PIL
from source. I then renamed _imaging.dll to _imaging.pyd and below is
the error.

 >>> import _imaging
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

Basically I am still lost... Any other ideas?