[Image-SIG] playing with CMYK images

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Mon Mar 2 20:04:46 CET 2009

Am 27.02.2009 um 19:09 schrieb Ask Holme:

> Hey list
>
> i have just tried using PIL to crop and resize CMYK images (with
> CMYK as end result, no color mode conversion). I must say i was
> surprised how awfull the result look. Even though PIL is not
> supposed to touch the color mode, colors is totally fucked up in the
> modified image.
>
> Is that because i'm doing something wrong or is the only solution
> simply to switch to imagemagick if i want better CMYK support

wow! As someone who normally appreciates informality on mailing lists
and relishes in the triumph of the vernacular I found this a rude
first post.

Can you please provide some details as to what's gone so horribly
wrong. I would be surprised if the problem is actually with PIL per se
and not with one of the underlying C libraries.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20