[Image-SIG] aggdraw

Coen van der Kamp coen at reservoir.nl
Mon Jan 21 17:45:39 CET 2008

drever wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm using PIL to load and save images. To draw images I use ImageDraw,
> but I am not content with the drawing quality. aggdraw uses agg which is
> a high quality drawing engine. I could not install it, so is there an
> alternative or can anybody help?
>
> I tried to install it on ubuntu 7.10 with python 2.5.1. After building
> the package the ./selftest.py crashed with a segfault.
>
> When I import aggdraw to python, I can use it with Image without
> crashes, but I don't see anything on the Image.
>
> Thanks for any advice!
>
> Johannes

Hello Drever,

You don't have errors when importing aggdraw and Image? Than this has to
work:

import aggdraw, Image
im = Image.new("RGB", (100, 100), ("white"))
draw = aggdraw.Draw(im)
pen = aggdraw.Pen('black', width=5, opacity=255)
draw.ellipse((10,10,90,90), pen)
draw.flush() # Without the flush you'll get an empty image!
# im.show() # Has compression
im.save("/path/to/your/folder/test.png", "png") # Clean aggdraw image

Hope it helps!
Coen