[Image-SIG] Converting from RGB to predefined palette

Ari Krupnik ari at lib.aero
Sun Feb 24 09:27:21 CET 2008

I have an RGB image. Can I use PIL to reduce the colors in it to those
in a custom palette? I can see how to reduce colors to black and white
(mode="1"), to the WEB palette or to an adaptive palette with a given
number of colors. Can I use an arbitrary, non-adaptive palette?

GIMP lets me use a "custom palette" when converting to indexed
mode. Can I do the same with PIL?

Ari.

--
Elections only count as free and trials as fair if you can lose money
betting on the outcome.