[Image-SIG] ImageCms

Frédéric Mantegazza frederic.mantegazza at gbiloba.org
Sat Feb 23 09:25:05 CET 2008

On samedi 23 février 2008, Guy K. Kloss wrote:

> Kia ora Frédéric,

Bonjour,

> I've seen, that you have changed the license of the code from the LGPL
> to the CeCILL license.
>
> What are the implications of that? How does that license compare? It
> sates on the web page, that it is a GPL compatible license. But is it
> more or less restrictive? What license is it more comparable with? Is it
> less restrictive, like the LGPL or even an MIT/BSD license so it can be
> incorporated in commercial or closed source projects? Or is it as
> "protective" to the open as the GPL?

CeCILL license is really close to Gnu/GPL, with same goals, but is adapated
to french laws (they added some explicit art., missing in the Gnu/GPL,
which makes it useless in france). It is a "protective" license, like
Gnu/GPL.

(note that there is another CeCILL license, the CeCILL-B, which is a
BSD-like license).

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org