[Image-SIG] PIL and Python 3000

Jordan Miller jmil at rice.edu
Mon Feb 18 10:53:43 CET 2008

Hello!

I am very interested in learning Python for pixel-based image
manipulation for scientific applications, so it looks like PIL will be
ideal. As I am new to Python, and Python 3000 is going to be released
this year with "many deprecated features finally removed", I am
considering starting properly with Python 3.0 rather than face a code
migration later on.

Will PIL play nicely with Python 3.0 alpha 2 (released on December
7th, 2007)?

Please reply to me individually because I am not on the mailing list.

ok, thanks!

Jordan