[Image-SIG] Littlecms PIL module

Frédéric Mantegazza frederic.mantegazza at gbiloba.org
Sun Feb 17 13:05:47 CET 2008

On dimanche 17 février 2008, Fabrice C. wrote:

> I have been using Kevin Cazabon's module for the last couple of years
> and it works really nice.

Good to hear :o)

> I thought exactly the same thing when I saw that this Phatch program
> from Stani was out and downloaded it but did not find time to play with
> it yet.
> If you need to, and if there is anything I could help with, I would be
> glad to work along you on this project.

Thanks. A first cms Phatch action is on the way (see Phatch forum).

> CMS is very underdevelopped in free software comunity (we are lacking a
> good image viewer with color management abilities and even Firefox is
> not color managed which means that all pictures are displayed as sRGB).

Well, there are some free software using lcms: Gimp, krita, scribus... And
AFAIK firefox 3 will be color managed ;o)

For a good viewer, just compile the gqview beta version; it has a good CMS.
I'm using it at our photo club.

I was wondering something: how is developped PIL? Is it possible to
contribute? For example, could pyCMS be included in the official release?
As I said, I'm rewriting it in a more pythonic way, and will call it
ImageCms...

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org